2lbs. lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped (I don't always add this)
3 garlic cloves, minced (I use the jar already minced garlic..3T)
2T chili powder
2t dried oregano
1t salt
the recipe doesn't call for cumin, but I put in 1T. Gives it good flavor.
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I don't use, because I use the cumin)
2 cans red kidney beans, drained
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 lg can (28oz?) crushed tomatoes
2 cans chopped green chillies
1 can corn, drained (I use 1c frozen corn)
2 cans beef broth (I use 2c water and 2 bouillon cubes)
1 bag tortilla chips
1c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
In a large pan add hamburger, onion, red pepper, garlic chilli powder, oregano, saly and cayenne/cumin. Cook thouroughly.
Add the rest of the ingredients(minus chips and cheese), stirring thoroughly. Bring to Boil, simmer for 1hour. You can also put meat mixture in large crockpot and add rest of ingredients stirring well and cook on HIGH for 4hrs or LOW for 8hrs.
Garnish with tortilla chips and cheddar cheese...
This is VERY good the next day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment