Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Farmhouse Chicken Dinner

1/4c flour
1/2t pepper
chicken breasts (however many your family will eat, I cut them in half, NOT because I'm cheap (okay I may be a itty bitty bit cheap)but because it's easier to cook and eat that way.
1/4c zesty italian
2c baby carrots
1 onion wedged
1 can chicken broth - 2cups
2c brown or white rice, whatever you prefer
4oz. neufchatel or cream cheese, cubed
2T parsley, optional

Mix flour and pepper in dish. Add chicken, turn to coat both sides. Put dressing in large skillet get it hot add chicken, cook 5-6 minutes, turn chicken. Add carrots, onion and 1c broth, cover. Simmer 30 minutes.

Cook rice as directed. Pour onto serving plate, use slotted spoon to put chicken and veg on top of the rice, cover to keep warm. Add cheese and remaining broth cook on high until cheese is melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly. Simmer on med-low for 3-5minutes spoon over chicken and vegetables...

I ♥ this dinner...it is such a creamy comforting dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment